Saturday, November 2, 2013

Good Intentions

 

Good intentions. I think that is my middle name. I have good intentions to do many things each day. And yet, day after day they go undone. I have good intentions to read my Bible more, work out more, plan my weekly meals, schedule visits with friends, volunteer, go to the library, create art activities for my kids...and the list goes on! But what I am completely struck with the past few days is that good intentions mean nothing without action behind them. That friend that I haven't spoken to in awhile, doesn't know that I have been thinking of her and keep meaning to reach out. Before I know it, it's 4:00pm and I haven't even considered dinner ideas, let alone taken time to open my Bible. I pin ideas and helpful hints to Pinterest, but let's be honest...who has time to implement them all!

Growing up is hard work! Decisions are being made moment by moment and what I am realizing, is that those are the decisions that are important. How do I respond to my children, out of anger or with patience? Have I spent time in my Bible in order to help me respond in a loving way to those around me? How can I make sure to connect with the people around me in meaningful ways? Have I made time for myself in order to be the best Mother, Wife, Friend, Teacher that I can be?

Well there is a reason that I have restarted my blog. Many reasons actually. No, it is not because I am a talented writer! :) Whatever my reasons are now, I am sure that there will be a season for it's purpose in my life. Right now, I am looking for a way to hold myself accountable to making those decisions moment by moment and making them meaningful.

As I begin this journey I will be sharing things along the way, my passions and experiences, as well as, my struggles and difficulties. Maybe you too feel the pressure of being a woman of God in a rushed and hurried world where we have good intentions, but we never follow through with them. Where we dream of things we want to do, but never make them happen because we are busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment