Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nursery and More...

We are gearing up for Baby Natale's arrival! The nursery is finished! The carpet arrived yesterday! We still have a few pictures to hang in the nursery, as Jim's sister did some drawings for us! But other than that, the drawers are stocked and the crib is made! Jim painted the room and did a fabulous job! So now that the nursery has been set up and our bags are mostly packed, we are just waiting for Baby to decide when to arrive!

Dresser

Changing Table and Shelf

Crib and sign that says "I love you to the moon and back"

Just before Christmas, we had a nice shower thrown by the teachers at my school. We are so thankful for the generosity and love they showed! I am so grateful to work with an amazing group of educators. They are an amazing group of people who truly care about those around them. I took some time over the break to make some thank you cards to show them just how much their thoughtfulness is appreciated (close your eyes if you think you may be receiving one of these! :) ). My Dad has a "cricut" machine and we used it to create these cute little cards! Who knew we could be so crafty! Thanks for your help Dad!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I hope your baby decides to sleep in a crib better than my babies did. :) All 3 of them ended up being co-sleepers.
    I can't wait to hear the big news.

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So precious! I especially love the "love you to the moon and back" sign; it reminds me of my favorite children's book Guess How Much I Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole room is based on that book! The drawings my sister in law is doing are from the book. The colors are from the book too! It is one of my favorite books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valarie and Jim, The room is beautiful. He is going to be one lucky boy. Can't wait till he arrives. God be with you two as you wait for his arrival. Mike and Mary Smith

    ReplyDelete