Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sweet Child 'O Mine

Notice I said sweet...not tiny or little! So I guess it's time to formally state that the prediction is...I'm having a big baby. To some of you, this may not come as a surprise because you've watched my belly expand!

Last week they sent me for an ultrasound because I was measuring larger than 35 weeks.
Jim and I went to our ultrasound on Monday. At that ultrasound, the "guesstimate" for our child's weight was 7lbs. + or - 1lb 1oz. We had another appointment yesterday afternoon where they confirmed...yes...big baby. (As much as they can predict without seeing the baby) The midwife's "guesstimate" is now around 8. By the way...did I mention that I'm between 36 and 37 weeks along and my due date isn't until January 17!!! And I know that one can never be sure, but at least we will be prepared for the possibility of Big Baby Natale. The good thing about all of this is that it's not due to gestational diabetes...no...it's genetics. I must give a big shout out to my mother-in-law whom I love dearly and has blessed me with the genetics of carrying this bundle of joy! :) (All of her babies weighed in at 9+ lbs.)

We are just praying for a happy, healthy baby whenever it is ready! I have to say though, it's not looking like it will be before Jan (sorry Jim!). So keep us in your prayers as we near the end of this wonderful adventure and look forward to a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment