Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful at Thanksgiving...and always!


This year, Thanksgiving held even more meaning for our family. We got to spend the week with my grandfather and his wife, Helen. They live in Canada, so we don't often have large family gatherings. My brother and his wife opened up their home for us to use for our Thanksgiving meal (and a few others). My aunt and uncle traveled from North Carolina. My aunt, cousin, and her ten year old son traveled from Michigan!

Many activities occur when the Carmichael's get together. The first of which is leg wrestling. My dad has worked really hard to lose 57 pounds since August 1 and he was determined to beat my brother! Clearly we had many laughs and my dad is still insisting it was a tie!

Dad and Aaron begin the competition

Who won?!
Whenever we are together, we have another tradition...we sing! My uncle brought his guitar and as you can see below, my grandfather enjoyed every minute of it! It's such a fun memory to have of Grandpa singing his heart out...normally it's at the dinner table! :)

On Saturday, we went to Hershey Chocolate World. We enjoyed walking around (or shuffling past the crowds of people) and looking at all of the yummy chocolate. We had a cold ride on the shuttle to get to and from our car, but it was all worth it! We ended the day with shopping at the Hershey Outlets.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with our family! Thank you to all of you who traveled and Aaron and Rach for opening their home to us!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a great time. I was talking with your Mom a little bit about your Grandpa the other night.

    I love the leg wrestling pictures!

    ReplyDelete